Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2019, 02:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: BOSTON - Just like that, the Boston Red Sox have a starting rotation again. [url  (Read 15 times)

zhanjiao1212

• View Profile
BOSTON - Just like that, the Boston Red Sox have a starting rotation again. Air Max Sverige .One day after acquiring a pair of starters, the Red Sox picked up a third, rebuilding their starting rotation this off-season almost as quickly as they took it apart during the summer.Hours after trading for Detroit right-hander Rick Porcello on Thursday, Boston signed righty Justin Masterson as a free agent. On Friday, the Red Sox acquired lefty Wade Miley from Arizona for righties Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster and infielder Raymel Flores.Were in a position where everyone knows we need to add quality starting pitching, general manager Ben Cherington told reporters on the teams second conference call of the night. Weve been able to acquire the three starters we have this week while really being able to maintain the top end of our young pitching.The Red Sox won the World Series in 2013 with a rotation that included Jon Lester, John Lackey, Jake Peavy and Felix Doubront. By midsummer it was obvious the team would not successfully defend its title in 14, and Cherington traded them all away to start planning for the future.Lester, who spent his entire career in the Red Sox organization until he was shipped to Oakland at the trading deadline, was courted to return as a free agent. But when the Chicago Cubs outbid Boston for the 31-year-old lefty, Cherington quickly executed a backup plan.Now, Masterson, Porcello and Miley will join holdover Clay Buchholz and one of Bostons young arms — perhaps Anthony Ranaudo or Brandon Workman — in a rotation that is so far lacking an ace.Masterson isnt sure they need one.I think we have an incredible staff, he said on the first call. Weve all had a bit of success, and I think ... well continue to do that.An all-star in 2012, Miley was the Diamondbacks opening day starter last season and went on to lead the team with 183 strikeouts and 201 1-3 innings pitched while posting an 8-12 record and 4.34 ERA. In four major league seasons, the 28-year-old lefty is 38-35 with a 4.34 ERA.The trade was a second salary-saving move for Arizona following the deal that sent catcher Miguel Montero to the Chicago Cubs. General manager Dave Stewart said he expects De La Rosa and Webster to be in the rotation. De La Rosa was 4-8 with a 4.43 ERA in 19 games for Boston last season. Webster was 5-3 with a 5.03 ERA in 11 starts for the Red Sox last year.Stewart told reporters in a conference call that the Diamondbacks were mulling whether to pursue high-priced pitchers James Shields and Max Scherzer.Masterson came up in the Red Sox system and spent part of two seasons in Boston before he was traded to Cleveland. He spent four more seasons there before he was sent to the St. Louis Cardinals this summer at the trading deadline.Although he has a 60-72 career record and a 4.24 ERA, Cherington said he was one of the best pitchers in the AL in 2011 and 2013. This season, he had a 5.88 ERA and spent time on the disabled list with right knee inflammation.Were very confident that whatever physical issues affected him in 2014 will be behind him, Cherington said.Cherington confirmed that Masterson, who bounced in and out of the bullpen during his first Boston stint, is slotted for the rotation this time around.But the pitcher said he knew that was something less than a guarantee.The assurance was that if I pitch the way Im supposed to, I will be a starter, he said. If Im not, the decision will be made. And I wont be happy anyway.NOTES: In a separate trade Friday, Boston obtained Zeke Spruill from the Diamondbacks for Myles Smith in a swap of right-handers. ... According to Major League Baseball, the eight All-Stars traded at the winter meetings were the most since at least 1998. That does not include Miley, whose deal wasnt announced until the meetings were over. Air Max Rabatt . The world No. 1 had one of the most dominating performances in a final and was on his way to a possible shutout on Sunday until the third-seeded Berdych broke the super Serbs serve in the 12th game of the match. Nike Air Max Sverige Online .com) - The collective hearts of Chicago Bulls fans sank on Friday night when Derrick Rose went down with a leg injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers. http://www.airmaxsverige.com/ . A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published Friday said that FIFAs disputes panel and the Court of Arbitration for Sport correctly imposed the sanction for Nantes enticing Guinea forward Ismael Bangoura to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012. Troy Tulowitzki just hopes no one will hold any grudges when he picks the National League participants for the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game. The Colorado Rockies shortstop will serve as captain of the NL side and select the four other members for the derby. Jose Bautista of the Toronto Blue Jays is in charge of the American League. "To be the captain, I dont know if thats something Im looking forward to because of how tough the decisions are going to be," Tulowitzki said Monday before the Rockies played the St. Louis Cardinals. "You cant put everybody that wants to participate on your team. So with that, you open yourself up. "But, at the same time, Im honoured to be the National League captain." The event will be held July 14 at Target Field, the night before the showcase game in Minneapolis. Bautista is a two-time major league home run champion. Tulowitzki has hit at least 25 homers in three of the past four seasons. Although the honour was just recently bestowed on Tulowitzki, hes already mulling over his options. Giancarlo Stanton of Miami is high on his list, especially since he leads the league in homers with 20. Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers is also a consideration. Tulowitzki may even select teammate Justin Morneau, especially since the first baseman came up in the Twins organization and it would be a homecoming. "That would be neat for him," said Tulowitzki, who has 18 homers this season. Air Max Rea Sverige. . "Obviously, hes a guy I have a relationship with." Given Tulowitzkis relationship with St. Louis outfielder Matt Holliday, he could be a pick, too. Tulowitzki spent some time catching up with his former teammate before Mondays game. Did Holliday lobby to be included? "I dont think so," Tulowitzki said, smiling. "Holliday is just a good friend of mine, someone that I have a great deal of respect for. "If he wanted to participate, hed definitely be someone on the list, but he wasnt (lobbying)." Tulowitzki is hoping players around the NL reach out to him. Rockies pitcher Brett Anderson, whos currently on the disabled list, wrote on his Twitter account: "Fingers crossed Tulo picks me for the home run derby!" Hes listening -- and doesnt want to hear excuses about how the derby may mess up a batters stroke. "You take a look during (batting practice), sometimes Ill go out there and try to hit a home run on every single pitch," Tulowitzki explained. "Its no different from being in the Home Run Derby. "Those are my thoughts. I dont really want to entertain that thought, either. You get back on track. And if youre not doing good, you put some (work in the cage). Its not because of a Home Run Derby." Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '